Join the Discussion:

screen adaptability

Make the website adapt to different screen sizes. Right now when you see your design in a bigger screen it stretches and your design is ruined. It would be nice if your design does not get ruined when you view the website in different size monitors.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sunem TovarSunem Tovar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlanaAdminAlana (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Zaino,

I apologize for the confusion. We were under the impression that your responsive questions were answered after your phone call with your account manager. For this reason, we closed your case.

I have re-opened it for you and sent you another email. Please check it and let me know how else we can be of assistance.

- Alana

• ZainoZaino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Website I built, looks fine on my 27 inch iMac, but it seems like it is oversized when I view it on a 15 inch macbook pro. I have set up the responsive settings provided by webydo, howevere this issue still persist. First I did the online chat, and they told me to email the support team regarding this issue. I did email them, they got back to me asking for screen shots, after I sent them screen shots, they have not got back to me yet. I did send them a follow up email. but I have got no response.

• KinzaKinza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alana,

Thank you for further help. I will definitely go through those and make use of those and I await the time when the video element is possible.

Thanks again for the prompt response!

No, unfortunately half the screen is not possible right now for video. You are able to do that with images though, and you could upload a gif. to get the video feel. To do that use the fluid grid gallery, we show it in the Webynars I sent you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

- Alana

Hi Alana,

Thank you for the reply and the helpful links. They are very insightful. I actually wanted to have the video not across the entire width of the site but just half of the width. Is there any way I can place a video starting from the center and extending to the right edge of the site?

Thank you.

Hello Kinza,

Our Video element has a "Fit to Width" option which you can enable. This will set the video to automatically load to the screen's width. It should fix the issue you are having.

Many of our elements have this feature. We recently had a Webinar covering them all, and showing you some neat tricks to use the elements in new ways.

I'm linking the video for you here: https://youtu.be/cJzrKuf6qpU
        In addition, we have a responsive webinar that covers even more: https://youtu.be/Z6b5P0nnuII

I hope this helps!

Alana
        The Webydo Team

Definitely having the same issues. I need a video to size properly as the screen size changes. For instance, the video that I want placed and extended to the right edge of my home page is appearing cut off on my MacbookPro while on my iMac 27" there is a blank white space to it's right, reducing the impact of the design. It would be ideal for content to adapt automatically to different screens no matter the device they are viewed on.

• KylaKyla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issues, but what's worse is even on my own display with the same resolution and screen, everything will look correct while i'm designing, when I preview it, but as soon as I hit publish and view it from the URL, certain elements magically move around and are not where they are supposed to be even though I used the "fit to width" option.

Hello David,

Please see my post below.
        For main elements such as images and text you should try and keep them within the default 960. That way nothing gets cut off when a user has a smaller screen.

However we also offer many elements that will adjust with screen sizes. All the info is found below.

Alana

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do we accommodate for both lower and higher resolution screens? If we keep the sizes to 960 you cant leverage higher resolution

Hello,

We have many elements that will do this for you. They will adjust with the size of your browser.

There is a "fit to width" option available in the Design Panel.
        Click this link for an image to help you: http://goo.gl/PIuM5j

The elements that have the fit to width option are:

Shape Element
        Shapes with an image background
        Video Element
        Gallery - Slide Show
        Gallery - Full Width
        Gallery - Fluid Grid
        Gallery - Fixed Grid
        Gallery - Image Rotator
        Gallery - Logo Rotator
        Gallery - Thumbnails

When using elements that do not have the fit to width options, such as text boxes just be sure to keep the text boxes within your site boundaries. We also recommend keeping the site size at the default 960px. That way, smaller monitors will not cut off any text outside the boundaries.

I hope this helps.

Alana
        The Webydo Team
        Support & Training Manager

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I am dealing with this right now! My client uses a resolution of 1024x768 and so much of the site design is cut off on her monitor!

Feedback and Knowledge Base