Join the Discussion:

hide .html extension

When published the site editor adds .html page extensions to all pages other than the home page. It would be great to automatically rewrite the URLs to hide these.

This creates SEO benefits and makes the URLs easier to communicate to users.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlanaAdminAlana (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Louisa,

You can setup a redirect directly on your dashboard. Click on the settings icon for the site in question, then choose the redirect tab.

Be sure to publish after setting up the 301 redirects.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

The Webydo Team

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The worst thing is - that you are not able to create adwords adds with the suffix...

Take care for this soon please because without . my page is useless.... and that means to me i will have to look out for another platform wich i do not want because i like webydo

• AlanaAdminAlana (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

We don't have a way to remove the .html yet from the site, but there is a workaround that you can use for specific pages in your site.

In settings on your dashboard, you can set up 301 redirects. So if you have a specific page in your site you want to send users to, you can set up a redirect so that www.mysite.com/about will lead to www.mysite.com/about.html

Feedback and Knowledge Base