Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    claytonjbasingerclaytonjbasinger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with Les's comments. How can it be White Label if there is 3rd Party reference (in this case Webydo) anywhere in the product. I believe the feature should be called self-branded affiliate.
        As a potential design and web agency advocate, I know I look at the Page Source of any tool/site to help lead me to the actual developer.

• LesLes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello all, I'm a new-comer from Weebly... I'm a tech and startup junkie checking out Webydo for the first time after the recent announcement of v2.0 in another forum, and subsequent to the news of their recent funding round (Kudos guys!)

From a legal standpoint (and ethically speaking), this topic does raise some immediate concerns. Based on my own experience, I strongly feel that until "webydo" is completely removed from the source code, Webydo's claims to being a white-labeled solution are false to some extent due to the following:

This is a form of slick advertising. Like us, Webydo should have to grow its business organically, rather than piggy-backing the marketing dollars spent by its users. You see, everyone knows that the average person never looks at the source code of a website. However, its highly likely that anyone with some design experience will. And when other designers discover the means by which your services are provided to your clients, this can have a detrimental effect for very obvious reasons - especially in your local market.

As mentioned I'm coming over from Weebly. And before their source code read "editmysite.com" and "dragndropbuilder.com" ...they had the gall to actually include what I considered to be a blatant advertisement in their first few lines of code. When I pointed out that it was false advertising for sites built under their "supposed white-label" designer platform, to my surprise they changed it a short time thereafter... and more than likely saved themselves a few lawsuits in the process. (Note: I wish I'd taken a screenshot of the code)

Apologies, but there's no debate here, and the bottom line is this... Webydo's design platform will work just fine without divulging their name to onlookers in the source code, raising the question... "Will they do the right thing and remove it?"

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Alana. This is not 100% white label then :( any future plan to make it 100% white label?

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simon, have you got your question answered? Last time I check on the website sourcecode it's still showing 'Webydo' all over the place :)

Support, any update?

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The White Label is great. But on the login url design-editor.com the sourcecode still has 'webydo' brand displaying though? am I right?

Feedback and Knowledge Base