Join the Discussion:

Price increase of approx 500%!!

Priceplans increase of approx 500% within april 2014 and febr 2016. Is Webydo only for the happy few in the future? Free Plan is gone, Pro is now $90/ mo ( $17 in 2014), Team $180/mo ($35) and Agency an astonishing $480 ($85) billed per month!! Is Webydo kicking their customers away? My current plan will stay the same, untill it ends and then.... ??
Sorry, Webydo is gonna loosing me.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andries Kuipers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • L Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alana,

Thanks for your reply. That´s appreciated :)
        So, do I understand it correctly, if I conclude that you will NOT offer a "one website" plan again?

And if so: If I want to work with Webydo, I could then try to contact a Webydo client and pay for the service thru them instead?

I understand if you want to not have ppl like me as a client. Totally fair and your choice.
        What I don´t quite get, is why you - from a business perspective - wouldn´t want to HAVE clients like me? (Or rather; make it attractive for clients like myself).

Please let me know if a 1 site plan is possible or not - and if not, I´ll find another solution for my business. Thanks :)

• AdminAlana (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello L Bauer,

We are actively listening, and we are here to help you.

The reason I have no replied, is because this is a forum for customers or potential customers.
        I wanted to let you speak to other people, instead of me intervening at each post.

You are also correct, Webydo is not a DIY solution. We provide a business solution for professional web designers.

Alana
        The Webydo Team
        Support & Training Manager

Hello George,

You are correct, our target is not for end users.
        That is why we removed out One Website plan previously and have not re-introduced it.

As far as support, we offer online chat 17 hours a day 5 days a week.
        Live chat is available for users once they have upgraded. We also offer account managers who you can contact personally and will assist you with all of your needs.

We also offer a monthly option for plans, so if $900 upfront does not make sense for you you are able to choose to pay monthly instead.

Alana
        The Webydo Team
        Support & Training Manager

• George Larricus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

L Bauer, I agreed. Honestly, webydo's support rep are not that knowledgable and responsive. Is this forum even monitored?
        I don't think they don't offer a 24/7 support chat neither. And still want to charge high price. wow!
        webydo should know better there are many similar and low budget competitors out there.
        Like L Bauer said, $75 x 12 = 900USD and upfront payment, this is not good. Why pay for something you haven't used. Hope they rethink their pricing strategy. They have good tool and potential though. Wrong pricing.

• L Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just commented on this in another thread. As a potential client - who is blown away by Webydo´s interface and (alleged) possibilities, I am equally blow away by the TOTAL lack of ability to actually LISTEN to your customers - instead of copy-pasting the "I know the pricing looks like an increase at first, but in fact it's not. We created an updated pricing model - we did not raise prices.".

It´s interesting how everyone - including me - sees this pricing model as an increase, and extremely overpriced and inflexible. I´d like ONE site - so the minimum I have to pay is 75$ x 12 = 900USD a year for a site.
        Im not sure if this is a joke, or if I am just the wrong kind of client for this service.

FYI: In all fairness, Webydo hasn´t had a chance to reply to my other post. I´m simply both astonished and infuriated by the fact that someone can create SUCH an awesome tool - and then seemingly do everything possible to shoot themselves in the foot, and let greed scare clients away. Boggles my mind.

I would LOVE to be wrong, as it would be great to work with Webydo for a reasonable and market-relevant price.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seen a few facebook group chats on this topic. A number of developers are leaving webydo to other providers. It's a mistake that webydo is moving to this direction. wrong pricing model.

• George Larricus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

price increase of 500% OMG! who is webydo trying to target? developers? clearly not end-users. Not an attractive pricing strategy for sure. for end-users, wix or similar online crm is better option for pay as you go one site per price. If targeting developers, we have wordpress crm, joomla and the like for an option, much cheaper and more control and more established and stable crm. don't you think?
        I too, considered webydo sometimes ago, now not anymore. sorry!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your email. See my reply.

One thing I forgot to ask - you have the pro plan which include 10 sites, then team plan with 30... don't you have adding sites as we need them?

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to sign up. Miss the boat I guess. oops.
        New pricing is not attractive at all. Why do I need to pay for the hosting bundle if I don't need it as yet. for example on the team plan $150/month BUT bill annually? that's $1,800 upfront! wow! Since it comes with 30 sites, what if I only have 20 sites and growing? it means I'm paying for the extra 10 site hosting too now, which I don't utilise as yet?

Hello Andries,

I know the pricing looks like an increase at first, but in fact it's not.
        We created an updated pricing model - we did not raise prices.

We changed the structure due to user feedback. We found that users need two main things to feel satisfied with Webydo: simplicity & flexibility.

Before this switch, there were multiple charges on an account. The plan + domain connections for each site created. The updated pricing model takes an all-inclusive approach with Hosting & CMS included and is also more flexible, offering monthly plans.

If you prefer the old structure, you can keep the current plan.
        Your plan will renew at the price you signed up with.

If you want to learn more about the new structure, I would be happy to have your account manager get in contact with you.

I hope this clears things up.

Alana

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base