The Webydo Forum

Webydo’s Forum is a designer-to-designer forum dedicated to answering questions, exchanging tips and showcasing your designs.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can I paste in a word document?

I am trying to help an 83-year old friend to make a homepage for non-commercial purpose. Ignorant of how to proceed I have created the homepage as a Word-document. It contains both text and photographs. Can I copy the document and paste it in? If not I shall have to write it all again and insert all the photos again which is a lot of work. Also is there any ,problem in that the text is in Swedish? The email address is hers as it is her project.Thank you for helping.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GIF

I'm uploading a GIF in 5MB, however Webydo tells me my upload exceeds the 10MB maximum upload size limit. Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Parallax Scrolling Is Here!

The Parallax Scrolling Animator Is Here and Open to Everyone!

You can now create parallax scrolling sites, with pixel perfect accuracy, without a single line of code. You can enhance your already amazing websites by having elements move individually when the user scrolls. It’s a great way to engage viewers through visual storytelling.

The Parallax Scrolling Animator is available inside your Webydo Studio, integrated seamlessly into all the other features. Just choose the element you want to animate and right click on it. Select “Add Parallax Animation” and set your motion path.

We’ve put up together a short video tutorial…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Announcements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pricing Section

I'm working on a site and I need to set up columns for package pricing. Much like how Webydo has done it. I attempted using the shape and table tool but I cannot seem to get it right. I have knowledge of code, so I could do it manually creating div tags, however I need my partner to be able to edit the pricing sections as well. Any tips?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tip: an easy tool that optimize images so they load faster

Hi all, just a quick tip you guys may like. Everybody knows that smaller images load faster. And faster is better ;)

I always use Photoshop's 'save for web' function, which does a decent job. But did you know image sizes can be even smaller without losing quality? Lately I ran into the app ImageOptim. And I like it a lot, so I guess it's worth sharing. See for yourself:

https://imageoptim.com

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tips and Tricks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Version- White label

Great news- White label options!

With the White Label feature, designers can custom-brand Webydo’s interface as their own. This feature has been improved and expanded, in order to provide a more comprehensive solution for both studios and agencies.

In the dashboard in the “my branding” tab you’re able to replace Webydo’s logo in the login page and the studio with your logo.

Our Pro members are also able to add a leading domain that they can use to share their work progress with their clients under a branded subdomain.

For more information about more advanced options please contact us at …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Version - Parallax animation

Hey guys!
    Fantastic news, from now you have a parallax animation available in Beta stage in Webydo.
    Try it out and tell us what you think!

Parallax scrolling is a special scrolling technique, where elements move individually when the user scrolls, creating an illusion of depth.

When selecting an element and clicking the mouse right click menu- one of the options will be a parralaz animation.
    When adding an animation to an element you can determine the element’s starting and ending points and add different effects to the animation.
    Use the top line to determine where the animation starts.
    For…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How to create mouse over buttons?

Does anybody know if there is a way to create buttons who change on a mouse over?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Tips and Tricks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Version - Bug fixes

Whenever we release a new version we always make sure to fix all urgent bugs and create a more stable work environment for our Webydoers.

This time we fixed:

Slider And Matrix Galleries.

Fixed slider arrows visibility, and the thumbnails images display in the Matrix gallery.

Layers Window.
    We’ve improved the back-end code of the Layers window in order to give a smoother experience for the whole Studio while working on each element.

Enjoy!
    Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Version - Add code to site

Hey Guys, another cool feature available in our new version.

From now on you'll be able to add your own custom code to your Webydo site.
    in the "pages" menu you have the "add code" option.
    This will allow you to add your own HTML and CSS (the css code added will only affect the HTML code added by you).

This is another great way to customise your site.

Enjoy!
    Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New version- Media library

Great news!
    We have released a new version with all sorts of goodies for you.

The media library will allow you to easily work on your website from any computer.
    Click CMD/CTRL+ M or open it from the "view" menu and you'll be able to upload all of your images onto the Webydo system and use them to build your site.
    This is a great and easy way to make the site's images available to another designer or a CMS user working on the site.

Enjoy!

Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Page bugged when using along with ECWID

Hi,
    I am a paid member and I have created a page and I have used the ECWID widget along with my product pages, however when ever I published and navigates to that page and clicked to view any of my product's details my whole webpage would shift down, and what happens is after that I would not be able to click the menu bar anymore because of the page moving down. It would be nice if someone could help me with this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

When things like this happen please send an email to support@webydo.com straight away.

We have support 7 days a week to help you with anything you may need.

I hope you were able to get this fixed!

Alana
    The Webydo Team

13. 404 Invite

First off, thank you for the beta invite! I just got the email, but when I clicked the link, it 404'd. Help please!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gallery Tool Matrix Option -- Label Images?

Is it possible to label/add text to individual images, such as paintings or photographs, in the matrix option using the gallery tool? You can label individual images using the slider option, but as far as I can tell, you can't using the matrix option. If you try to insert text for an image, that same text shows up for the all other images in the gallery. For artists, photographers, etc., who really like the option of users having a thumbnail view of all images (e.g., paintings) as users view larger individual images one at a time -- i.e., the matrix…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is it possible to create responsive emails?

Since Webydo is all about creating easy to creative websites. It would be great to have a feature, where we could create responsive emails. We shouldn't be stuck with having to create emails in products like "Mail Chimp." Is it possible to create and export code to create emails?

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Tips and Tricks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CMS Users

I want to edit CMS users after I have made someone a CMS user. (like delete their email from the system).

I like to get login from a CMS view to make sure it will be easy for them to edit and I can't do this because my email was used on another website I built.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gallery hot-clickable...

Maybe it already can, but I can't find it, but it'd be great if each image in a gallery would be a link to a separate page, i.e. the kitten image would be hot-clickable to the kitty page, puppy pic to the doggy page, etc.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Editor/Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Images, retina displays & max. photo dimensions for Webydo?

Hi,
    What are Webydo's recommended settings so that uploaded images look their best, including on retina displays, yet also load fast. Pls. include: recommended maximum long age dimension (eg Max longedge dimension, resolution, compression settings etc..

Also, does Webydo apply its own compression and / or sharpening?

thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tips and Tricks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can I design a site and download it to host on my own server?

I would like to design my site using Webydo and download the code to host on my own server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)